Sunday, May 21, 2006

Wow, I haven't done this in so long. Life has gone by very quickly and very slowly since the last time I wrote. It is rather strange to be on the other side of a Bible School year, especially since I never thought beyond it, because I was always so absorbed in it. Now that I am home though, life almost seems to have placed me back in time. Perhaps that is partly because the Catskills are about 7 years behind everyone else in the United States.

The day after I got home I spent the night in the barn which was interesting. New York has not escaped the rain, and so when our goats got out into the soaked green grass it caused problems. The name of the problem is "bloat". It doesn't sound very dangerous but it can result in death if not treated. So I spent the night in the barn keeping our pregnant does walking to make sure they didn't keel over and die. Thankfully they all survived and this morning one gave birth to triplets. So it was worth a sleepless night to save 4 goats.

Job hunting is something that I've never had to do before and I don't think I like it. I've never had to, because my dad always has tons of work for us to do in the summer. He has tons of work for me to do this summer too, but I've decided to move on in life and take up a more suitable career. (Actually I'll most likely be doing both.) So this past week was spent calling and applying to various nursing homes to see if they want to hire such a wonderful person as I. :-) We shall see what happens.

Well, I'm not sure if blogging will be a regular part of my summer this year or not, so I don't promise anything. But it's good to be back home!!

8 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger melrandall said...

Hi Katherine! I still check your blog! You've had 24 minutes for MONTHS now... I loved your heroic story of goat bloat; maybe your goatlings can come play with our puppies sometime. (Oh yeah! I just remembered they're called "kids" --I'm such an expert)

Blessings on your job search! If I lived in a nursing home where you worked, I would definitely LOVE you. (and lucky for you, I love you anyway!)

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger KJ said...

Hurray! I'm glad you're posting again. You are such a hero! I miss you and hope your job searching ends in success as well!

Gretchen is reading over my shoulder and she says Hi and good job saving the goats!

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger brilynne said...

Hooray for katherine!! Way to be a hero!

 
At 4:46 AM, Blogger lis said...

Totally heroic! :O)

And I sympathize with the job search. I haven't had to do it yet, but I feel it in my bones that my turn approaches. So God bless your search, and may you find a nursing home as nice as the one I lived in!

*chuckle*

And I totally agree with Meliss: if I were Really a little old lady, I'd be very happy to have you walk in my door, too.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

I have four things to say:

1. Welcome back!

2. I can't wait to see you and the rest of your family here at the cape!

3. Good jov saving goats.

4. Finally, tell Ben to start up his blog again. His return would be even MORE spectacular than yours! ; )

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Booker said...

nothing like a LONG hiatus to get those creative juices flowing[well, here's hoping anyway]. :-)

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Hey Katherine! What a night but such reward for your longsuffering! I wish you well in your hunt for work! Been missin' you!

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Cara said...

You wonderful person. I would never want to spend all night keeping dumb goats walking because of their overeating problems. I guess you truly are a hero. I am glad you did it, because the barn wouldn't be the same without the triplets.

So how'd your TB test go? Do you have it? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home