Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Winter doldrums

Today I understand what it means to be "bored to tears." When I get stuck in the house because I can't go outside for fear of freezing and none of my books are good and I finished all my school, Mom doesn't need help and I don't feel like cleaning my room....I start running out of things to do. So I find myself staring out the window at the snowy whiteness of winter and dreaming of sunny beaches and yellow flowers, darkly tanned people, and lemonade. Sigh. I think I will move to Burmuda.

You want to know something that has been making me mad lately? I live in a state where the majority of the time it is cold and white and icy, and there is not one Ice skating rink in the radius of an hour! You would think that people would open business' where they could make money for most of the year. But no. Maybe I'm the only one who ever thinks about these things.

2 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Blogger brilynne said...

I don't think moving to Bermuda will improve your chances of finding a skating rink. :-)

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Katherine said...

LOL. Bria you are so smart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home