Monday, March 14, 2005

The blessing of sanity

Today was day number two working in the patient care unit of the hospital. The CNA had me check on all the patients (there is only room for 12...very small hospital) to make sure they didn't need anything. One guy asked for 3 razors, which I found out he wasn't supposed to have so he never got them. Another lady wanted me to help her pull her IV's out so she could go home, and after I explained that I couldn't do that for her she didn't say anything more. Later on when I went in to check on her she bluntly told me: "I have nothing more to say to you." It was really rather comical.

There wasn't much for me to do besides visiting with the folks, so I spent the better part of an hour putting together a 500 piece puzzle with a Mrs. Anna Leonard, a very nice (and sane I might add) lady.

Upon arriving home I was put to making spaghetti sauce because the stuff from the can tasted weird. I found out later though, that the weirdness was actually a certain herb that tasted like mold. :-) I've got to remember not to use that regularly.

3 Comments:

At 8:40 PM, Blogger Katherine said...

Its amazing what I find out about your life on this blog Katherine

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger brilynne said...

do you get to wear a candy-striped apron? I'm very glad you have a good sense of humor...i think sick men asking for razor blades would make me slightly nervous!

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Katherine said...

No striped apron. I wore a striped shirt once and one of the construction guys noticed and thought I'd done it on purpose. I don't think I'll wear that shirt on those days...or until he's gone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home