Wednesday, May 04, 2005

chug chug

I mowed the lawn today! Driving lawn mowers were a great invention. I love the feeling of driving along be able to do nothing at all except make sure I don't fall off some random stone wall that appears. And that's not even the best part...people think you're working just by sitting on the mower! It's very nice. Of course the push mowing is another story, but we won't go there right now.

I just finished a great book called The Path between the Seas written by David MacCullough. It's the story of the Panama canal. It was very good and I highly recommend it, actually I recommend anything by MacCullough.

Here's a couple funny things that my brothers have said in the last few days...
Ruth was feeling sad because she didn't think she was very pretty and Caleb came to her rescue with: "Don't worry Ruthie, I think you're as pretty as a vulture!" Neither of them knew what a vulture was, so it turned out alright. :-)

And Ben's decided he's going to go to college to get a Master's in hunting. hehe Of course he's only joking so don't you dare go poking fun at him, cause I'll get blamed for telling.

2 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Blogger drewey fern said...

Pretty as a vulture?! I laughed and laughed! I guess it's better than pretty as, um, a maggot or something. EW!

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Booker said...

Dont tell Ben? and this on a public blog too. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

You just never know who will pop in and then disappear again...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home