Sunday, April 24, 2005

The death of Lord Mazzing, the rebirth of Ben

This has been a rather strange weekend. On Friday it was my (18) birthday, but we didn't really celebrate it then because life was hectic and my dad wasn't home. On Saturday I hosted a mystery dinner kind of in honor of my birthday, but not really...it was something that would have happened anyway. And so now it is Sunday night and I still haven't had a birthday cake(not that I mind, I stuffed myself with TONS of really yummy things yesterday). It has also been a little different having people randomly handing you gifts over a period of 4 days. But hey, I like things different.:)

You want to hear about the mystery dinner don't you? Yes I thought you might. Now don't go and start rolling your eye balls just because it was called "The Love Letter" OK? It was the only mystery that suited our group and so we used it and had lots of fun. It all began with me as the Hostess (Lady Mazzing) inviting 9 young ladies for tea, with the purpose of getting their opinion on the next ball I would be hosting. Unbeknownst to them however, I was also trying to decide who might be a suitable wife for my only son. That was the first act. In act two the son (played by Ben) is found dead in his room (with foam around his mouth and the smell of poison in the air!!!). And the rest of the play was where everyone tried to figure out who killed him. Oh, and on the son's dead body they found a love letter, that wasn't addressed to anyone, so we also had to figure out who it was for. In the end it was rather strange because only about 3 of the girls didn't want to kill him, the rest would have done him in eventually. Ben felt very unloved.

We were supposed to experience a "monsoon" the other day, but all I saw was little drops of rain plinking into the pond. Oh well, all of life can't be excitement.

4 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger brilynne said...

i was curious how the mystery dinner went. Sounds like fun.

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

Do you have any pictures of Ben lying down with his mouth foaming? 'Cuz if you do, you should post them. Happy Birthday!

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Katherine said...

Sorry I don't.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

Rats.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home